|Morgan school plan 08-09
||[May. 27th, 2008|11:44 am]
Working our way through one step at a time
School Planning for 08-09.
Brian, Susan, Sally
May 27. 2008
Thank you, Brian and Susan
I Should Morgan stay in the primes classroom next year? Is it even possible?
• Many kids do two years
• Catch up on classroom skills
• Catch up on social skills, tends to run a year behind anyway
• Confidence and positive feedback
• Teachers that understand him
• Boredom with curriculum
• Embarrassment this year and in coming years of being the oldest
• Feeling penalized
• Not getting a fresh start
• Not synching with the class for next year (Who is staying for a second year?)
II Summer Study/Efforts
• What needs to be worked on personally, socially and academically
• What should he have mastered?
III How can we be better GCS parents, either in or out of Primes.
• Daily communication
o Easy for teachers
o Clear and objective for parents
o Private and positive for Morgan
• What we need
o is resources to use,
o support for current treatments
o consistent feedback and suggestions for classroom management
• What Morgan needs
o Privacy about ADHD, including medication talk
o Positive encouragement of self, not of current treatment
o Rewards, goals and charts, physical reminders of what he can feel good about
o Freedom to be as wacky as other kids without it just being adhd or his meds not working.
o Time and assistance in writing new behavior scripts, because now that he can focus he needs to learn a new way of acting and reacting.
o Space to feel bad/mad/sad because this has been a lot for one little boy in a year and it is genuinely hard even when you do not see him trying anything.